There are 5 blog entries for May 2015.
Are You Sure you Can do That??
Before you begin on any major projects in your yard this year, make sure you have an up to date Real Property Report (RPR) and that you obtain the proper development permit. If your improvements do not comply with the City rules or real property lines, it could be quite costly in fees, fines or even lawsuits down the road.
A general rule, all of the following set-back requirements must be met in order to obtain a Certificate of Compliance (m = meters):
1. A shed that is not attached to the house and is less than 10 sq.m. in size can be located anywhere on the property. A shed of any size, small or large - that is attached to the house must be at least 1.2 m from the side property line.
2. A deck less than .6…
Warmer weather means garage sales, bargains, and unique finds. Here are some community garage sale parades to make a day of it.
- Southeast Garage Sale Wars in Mckenzie Towne, McKenzie Lake, Copperfield, New Brighton, Cranston, Mahogany May 23 and 24, 2015 9am - 3pm
- Deer Run Parade of Garage Sales May 23, 2015
- Thorncliff Greenview Community Parade of Garage Sales May 23, 24 2015 9am - 4pm
- Inglewood Parade of Garage Sales May 23, 2015 9am - 3pm
- Wildwood Parade of Garage Sale May 30, 2015 9am-4pm
- Arbour Lake Community Garage Sale May 30, 2015
- Panorama Hills e-Community Centre Garage Sale May 30, 2015 9am - 2pm
- Rocky Ridge Royal Oak Community Association Parade of Garage Sales June 5, 6 and 7, 2015
- Hawkwood Parade of Garage Sales
Upcoming Calgary Events
Calgary Community Events - May 2015
- 2015 Canadian Open Volleyball Championship – Thursday, May 14 – Tuesday, May 19
- MEC Calgary Race THREE 2015 – Saturday, May 16
- Calgary International Children's Festival – Wednesday, May 20 – Saturday, May 23
- Calgary EATS! Connecting the Local Food System – Thursday, May 21
- Calgary's 6th Annual Charity Vegan Bake Sale – Saturday, May 30
- Water Polo - National Finals – Saturday, May 30 and Sunday, May 31
New listings decline as home prices ease
Improved sales to new listings ratio reduces inventory gains
After the fifth consecutive monthly benchmark price decline in Calgary, the number of new home listings eased to 3,064 units in April, a decrease of 18 per cent over the previous year.
“With fewer buyers making purchase decisions and improved selection for resale, new home and rental property, sellers have been either adjusting their expectations on price or delaying their plans about when to list their home,” said CREB® president Corinne Lyall.
Sales activity in April totaled 1,957 units, 22 per cent below last year’s levels and nearly 15 per cent below April’s long term averages. Despite weak sales levels, the drop in new listings…